The group buy process is fairly simple, and is used extensively in the enthusiast communities.
It works like a pre-order, and it is often the only way for enthusiasts to get custom items made the way they want them, due to the cost or minimum order quantity of getting them produced. Here’s how it works :
1. An organiser [in this case, us] opens a group buy for a particular item.
2. People from the enthusiast community that want it purchase it.
3. Once the group buy has enough orders, the organiser stops new orders.
4. The organiser sends the funds to the manufacturer, who produces the items.
5. The organiser receives the items, and ships them off to the people who bought them.